New RHEVM3 and OpenStack directories

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 23:38:35 UTC 2013

On 2/20/13 5:18 PM, Jeffrey Blank wrote:
> I mean, "warm welcome to new SCAP developers" ... (also).
>
> We can work through toolchain commonality as we go forward.  Doing so
> first would perhaps have been better, but we'll muddle through.
>
> There are some tooling improvements that I'd like to make (and in
> exactly one place for all).  That aside, it's certainly good to make
> sure new developers are aware of the available toolchain as early as
> possible.
$ du -sh JBossEAP5/ OpenStack/ RHEL6/ RHEVM3/ ../scap-security-guide/
1.2M    JBossEAP5/
1.8M    OpenStack/
11M    RHEL6/
1.5M    RHEVM3/
21M    ../scap-security-guide/

$ du -h RHEVM3/references/U_Application_SRG_V1R1_Manual-xccdf.xml
708K    RHEVM3/references/U_Application_SRG_V1R1_Manual-xccdf.xml

So yes, technically the new directories did increase the disk
requirements from 18MB to 21MB. 1.4MB of that is the Application STIG
itself.

I did keep the utils/ and transforms/ directories intact for each new
directory, which added 432K to the project size:
$ du -sh OpenStack/transforms/ OpenStack/utils/ RHEVM3/transforms/
RHEVM3/utils/
184K    OpenStack/transforms/
32K    OpenStack/utils/
184K    RHEVM3/transforms/
32K    RHEVM3/utils/

..... I sometimes forget there are networks where downloading an extra
432K is cumbersome.

But seriously, you *are* totally right: We do need to elevate our
toolchain into a top level directory.

> So thanks (also).
I know how hard that sentence was for you ;)