Draft RHEL6 STIG Released! (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jeffrey Blank blank at eclipse.ncsc.mil
Wed Feb 20 20:27:07 UTC 2013

> One of the largest issues with SCC is that it skips a rule, entirely, if
> OCIL content is present. This automatically causes several failures, you
> can view my logs here:
> http://people.redhat.com/swells/SCC/Logs/RHEL6_SCC-3.1_2013-02-17_102333_Screen_Log.001.txt

In this case the SCC behavior is a bug per the XCCDF specification, on
page 59:
http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistir/ir7275-rev4/NISTIR-7275r4.pdf

When you get different results from different tools, the specification
is the place to look, for what is "correct" behavior.  It may not be an
easy read, but it does provide an authoritative answer...