Updating dev-container's agent when compiling module

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 12:34:23 UTC 2014

In the past (before rhqctl) the mvn builds would build the agent in agent/target/rhq-agent (so we'd run teh agent out of the actual agent/target/rhq-agent directory). Yes, you'd have to build things like plugin-container module separately before building the agent if you needed to test changes to the PC. We did (and I believe still do) have a -Pagent profile defined that builds just the agent modules - so you'd build from the root directory with -Pagent and your agent/target/rhq-agent would be your agent.  It didn't use the -Pdev profile IIRC.

That's just the history.

Now that we have rhqctl, there is dev-container/rhq-agent that now exists (assuming you ran "rhqctl install") - so I don't have a problem if the agent and its dependency modules put things in there when built with -Pdev.