[alhomora] was: [rhq.next] Integration/bom project

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 15:56:08 UTC 2014

Hi *,

Welcome Alhomora!

I am afraid, the present setup, as explained on IRC, does not work. I
tried to implement a subproject sub1 in a separate project and I added
some glue code under alhomora-parent. It contains a kind of a dependency
cycle - i.e. none of alhomora-parent or alhomora-sub1 can be built.

Have a look:

PROJECTS=~/scratch
cd $PROJECTS
git clone https://github.com/ppalaga/alohomora.git
git clone https://github.com/ppalaga/alohomora-sub1.git

cd alohomora
git checkout -b alhomora-parent ppalaga/alhomora-parent
mvn clean install # Could not find artifact
org.alohomora.sub1:alohomora-sub1

cd ../alohomora-sub1
mvn clean install # Could not find artifact org.alohomora:alohomora-bom

Maybe you meant it differently than I did?

The BoM should not be a child of alhomora-parent. BoM should rather be
independent in a separate repo, groupid and versioning cycle.

Thanks,

Peter