what is this data directory stuff?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 00:59:58 UTC 2014

I found it. Heiko/Jay - this was a result of the perf stuff. But this has to change, we can't never just say "data" with a relative path in the PC - the data directory is configurable, and is different for the embedded agent (its also going to be different for agentspawn test agents, but no one probably ran this since this change, so no one noticed). You have to get the data directory as configured in the plugin container. Somehow, this code in ConfigurationCheckExecutor (see below) has to get PluginContainerConfiguration.getDataDirectory() - the InventoryManager has this plugin configuration (as does all the PC managers), so somehow they need to get that data dir into here:

---------

    public static boolean persistConfigurationToFile(int resourceId, Configuration liveConfiguration, Log log) {
        boolean success = true;
        try {
            String pathname = "data/rc/" + String.valueOf(resourceId/1000); // Don't put too many files into one data dir
            File dataDir = new File(pathname);

    static private Configuration loadConfigurationFromFile(int resourceId) {