what is this data directory stuff?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 23:52:27 UTC 2014

I'm running the embedded agent, and I found that something is getting written into a bad/wrong data directory.

Does anyone know where this is coming from - these are files getting written to ${current working directory}/data....

data/
    |_rc/
        |_10/
            |_10125
            |_10122
            |_10111

Those files (10125, etc) look like serialized objects - maybe resources or resource containers. The "rc" directory name implies its "Resource Container" ???

I don't know what this "10" subdirectory is.

No matter what, this is getting written in the wrong place, it's not using the configured data directory that the agent was told to use - and now its getting in the "bin" directory of the EAP server when running embedded. We need to fix whatever code is writing this data out, I just don't know what is writing those files.

Idears?