Enforcing of indentation in XML files

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 17:36:08 UTC 2014

Hi *,

I have not found a ready-to-use solution for enforcing XML indentation.
As you may know, checkstyle allows for custom checks, which can simply
be included in maven-checkstyle-plugin's classpath to get loaded. I
have written such a check for enforcing XML indentation. I have tested
it with rhq-metrics [2].

For now, I am sending it to rhq-checkstyle-config [1], where it can be
reviewed and discussed about.

Are there any concerns about introducing such a check?

My ultimate aim is, to contribute the check to checkstyle itself [3].

[1] https://github.com/rhq-project/rhq-checkstyle-config/pull/3
[2] https://github.com/ppalaga/rhq-metrics/tree/141208-xml-indent
[3] https://github.com/checkstyle/checkstyle

Best,