RHQ Metrics - 0.2.5 and Future

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 22:46:03 UTC 2014

Hello Everybody,

I just want to summarize an amazing week for the RHQ Metrics project.

1) RHQ Metrics 0.2.5 was released yesterday

For more details checkout the JBoss.org forum thread and the release notes.

Github Release:
https://github.com/rhq-project/rhq-metrics/releases/tag/0.2.5

JBoss.org Forum thread:
https://developer.jboss.org/thread/250710

JBoss Nexus Maven artifacts:
http://origin-repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/rhq/metrics/

2) OpenShift Cartridged for RHQ Metrics public release

The cartridge supports RHQ Metrics 0.2.5 and it is the simplest and easiest way to get a public facing instance of RHQ Metrics in just a few minutes with a single command. The cartridge configures Cassandra, Wildfly, and RHQ Metrics (REST interface and UI console) to run in a single gear. For more details please visit the Github repository of the project.

Sample command to create a new RHQ Metrics deployment:
rhc app create test_app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rhq-project/rhq-metrics-openshift/master/metadata/manifest.yml

Github Repository:
https://github.com/rhq-project/rhq-metrics-openshift

JBoss.org Forum thread:
https://developer.jboss.org/thread/250743

3) RHQ Metrics 0.2.6 preliminary planning

We created a forum thread on JBoss.org to discuss the 0.2.6 release. There is a list of features that we plan on releasing in 0.2.6. The goal is to get the project into a good release cadence.

JBoss.org Foum thread:
https://developer.jboss.org/thread/250748

A big "Thank you!" goes to John Sanda, Mike Thompson, Heiko Rupp, and Thomas Segismont for their project contributions.

Any discussion, suggestions or contributions are more than welcomed; so feel free to reply to this email or comment directly on the various forum threads.

Thank you,
Stefan Negrea

Software Engineer