adoc, md or both?

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 10:07:26 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-05 10:24, Thomas Segismont wrote:
> Le 04/12/2014 21:54, Heiko W.Rupp a écrit :
>>
>>> Am 04.12.2014 um 19:08 schrieb Peter Palaga <ppalaga at redhat.com>:
>>> we have both adoc, and md READMEs in metrics ATM. Is anybody against
>>> preferring adoc and converting all present md files to adoc?
>>
>> No and we should use AsciiDoc(tor) only.
>>

> I'd like to agree ... :)
>
> But the Github support of Asciidoc is not extensive. I wrote a quite
> long README.adoc file for the netty-collectd project,

Yeah, as I just checked on GitHub, they still use AsciiDoctor 0.1.4,
which is quite outdated. I'd be OK with tolerating MD till GitHub
upgrades their AsciiDoctor, but anyway: do you see a feature commonly
used in READMEs, that is broken on GitHub now? READMEs tend to be quite
simple, do they not?

-- P