adoc, md or both?

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 09:24:57 UTC 2014

Le 04/12/2014 21:54, Heiko W.Rupp a écrit :

>> Am 04.12.2014 um 19:08 schrieb Peter Palaga <ppalaga at redhat.com>:
>> we have both adoc, and md READMEs in metrics ATM. Is anybody against preferring adoc and converting all present md files to adoc?
>
> No and we should use AsciiDoc(tor) only.

I'd like to agree ... :)

But the Github support of Asciidoc is not extensive. I wrote a quite
long README.adoc file for the netty-collectd project, and I had to
change a lot of things (using old syntax or html tricks) to make it
display nicely on Github.

Consequently, I'd like to keep the freedom of writing Github README
files with Markdown.

But I'm all for using adoc and only adoc for all documentation.