Auto-discovery of Postgres table resources

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 13:17:15 UTC 2014

I think I agree.  It would be a lot of manual import if you did in fact
want to see them but I think you're right, it's likely a select few
tables that are of interest.  If you did end up doing autodiscovery then
I'd suggest that availability be disabled by default (let them defer to
the parent DB avail) and all metrics are disabled as well.

The whole topic of selective autodiscovery is interesting.  A more
general mechanism for turning on/off types to be discovered is an
interesting idea.  In that way a plugin could deploy with minimal types
discovered and then the admin could enable things as needed.