Agent / Server Communications

Greg Hinkle greghinkle at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:58:47 UTC 2013

John is right. My work is several years out of date at this point. I'll see if I can dig out my old repository, but there's probably not a lot you can use from it.

My implementation was based on HornetQ, but to be honest, I had a lot of problems with it. Bugs, journal corruption and other issues made me abandon it after a few months in production. Though I can't say about the current state. I also had problems supporting SSL and certificate handling properly.

For my part, I'd still love to get a version of RHQ that supports the following:

* Unidirectional comms (agent calls server only)
* SSL easily enabled (why not a default?)
* Authenticated agent registration

It's hard to use RHQ in a public cloud when SSL comms have  to use the public web endpoint in the current setup.

-Greg