Răspuns: AS7 plugin: Hibernate Query Cache resource type

Costel Cosman costelcsmn at yahoo.ro
Fri Nov 29 11:17:04 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

I was thinking the same thing with other resources too, like the EJBs, JMS queues, etc.

In our company we use RHQ to monitor production JBoss servers with a lot of EJBs but no one is really interested to monitor these EJBs or at least they are interested in monitoring only some of them.
These useless resources bring unnecessary load on both RHQ server and agent. By default they are checked for the availability and have some metrics enabled.

An idea would be to have a lazy discovery for these resources - at request, maybe some configuration in the Connection Settings of the parent resource to enable the discovery of such child resources, maybe define a regexp pattern for the resource names we are interested in.

Regards,
Costel