RawConfigurations?

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Mon Nov 18 03:05:21 UTC 2013

On Nov 17, 2013, at 6:32 PM, John Mazzitelli <mazz at redhat.com> wrote:

> raw config is used no where.
>
> however, it was a really cool idea - it would be nice to try to bring it back. But it is not a trivial task to implement it properly (as evidence by the fact that we put alot of effort into it during imanage and still never finished).

True it is a non-trivial task; however, there were some non-technical issues that only made things that much more difficult. Issue # 1 - imanage, issue # 2 - imanage :) Ad then we also had a couple lead engineers  argue passionately for several days about what I think was a minor design detail. The standoff lasted long enough that the director at the time was brought in to settle the issue. Ah, the good ole days….