Metric interpretation of Lists returned by JMX

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Fri May 24 12:15:54 UTC 2013

Overriding the getValues is actually what I did for another metric. Because JMX returns Map<InetAddress, Float> and it is impossible to come up with a general enough interpretation of the metric for arbitrary maps.

For Lists it seems pretty obvious to me, but you are right, that if user do that by mistake it may be misleading.

jk