Configuration instance builder

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Wed May 22 17:34:36 UTC 2013

Hi all,

on a tangent to my current work on the provisioning subsystem I created a fluent builder for Configuration instances.

In my opinion, this will greatly simplify the task of creating the complex configuration objects, mainly while writing the tests.

I placed the builder directly in the Configuration class so that it is more easily discoverable, so this has an impact on our remote API, because we'll start exposing this class.

I don't see anything wrong with it though, it should help people in the CLI, too.

The code along with tests (that cover the builder code by 100%) is in this commit:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/rhq/rhq.git/commit/?h=lkrejci/configuration-builder&id=20beed909fc2a647434244bd5bcb00839a683606

If you have any ideas for improvements of the API, its usage or are opposed to this going to master, please speak up.

I am going to merge this into master in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Lukas