reverting commit

Ian ian.springer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:28:02 UTC 2013

Mazz, sorry about that. I thought a constructor of a history class would be
safe to change API-wise. In any case, after pulling the latest from master
(including your revert), I'm not seeing the GWT compile error anymore, even
after cleaning org/rhq/** from my local repo then doing a mvn clean
install. Very strange. If I do see it again, I'll create a BZ.

---------

[Ian - feel free to commit this back in a branch (not master) and create a
BZ for this. We'll cherry pick in master at the appropriate time.]

Its been requested that we revert commit df18b71df2d5114d9edc8a26ad42e0
d7a9036eb2:

    "do not pass not-yet-fully-initialized "this" reference to
GroupOperationHistory.addResourceOperationHistory() in
ResourceOperationHistory's constructor, as the GWT compiler fails when it
sees this (at least in my OS X 10.7.5, Oracle JDK 1.7.0_17 environment)"

We are reverting for a couple reasons:

    * This broke a jenkins build - an API change has been introduced and it
therefore fails the API check job. (I think its due to a change in a public
domain object's constructor). Keep in mind that for awhile now we have a
jenkins job that runs to make sure there are no backward compatible changes
to public APIs - if it detects one, the build will fail. In this case, it
appears a public domain object's constructor was changed thus breaking that
API check.

    * Also, There is no BZ for this - we don't know what this addressed.
Please make sure BZs are written before committing bug fixes so they can be
tracked appropriately.