RHQ & Powershell

Michael Foley mfoley at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 21:13:59 UTC 2013

I guess the saying "If it ain't broke, why fix it?" comes to mind. Or, put another way ... the risk/reward ratio seems like division by 0. All risk, and no reward.

Another way of looking at this is cost/benefit ratio. The costs here are both development time refactoring, as well as QE time retesting. And ... at risk of sounding pessimistic ... the GSS time in dealing with new customer issues in this area.

Sounds like a cool idea ... but it doesn't make sense to me. I don't know what problem you are trying to solve, or what additional customer-facing value you are trying to deliver.

I am -1 on this idea unless a stronger case can be made.

Michael Foley
QE Lead, JBoss Operations Network