RHQ & Powershell

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 21:02:21 UTC 2013

Hello Everybody,

The current RHQ Windows scripts use Batch. While this works out of box on all Windows versions, the scripts are quite complicated and very brittle. For the past few years Microsoft built Powershell to replace Batch. With Windows 7 PowerShell got integrated in Windows; and for older versions (eg. XP, Vista, Server 2003) Powershell can be easily installed. As far as I know, it's just a program that runs on .Net framework.

Here is the official Microsoft tutorial for Powershell:

Should we consider migrating current Windows Batch scripts to PowerShell?

Thank you,
Stefan Negrea

Software Engineer