Bug 957689 - Unable to complete tasks when server is shutdown

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 14:07:04 UTC 2013

Am 26.06.2013 um 22:36 schrieb Simeon Pinder:
> Isn't the solution to build a graphical installer?  The number of confusing installation steps, servers and possible workflows for install/upgrade/ha/database(relational and Cassandra) configurations where a user would benefit from contextual information (and/or pre-condition testing) seems to heavily suggest a graphical installer.  Not

I think that current installer (rhqctl install) is quite good.
With a graphical installer the user also has to go through many steps.
And with the web-based installer in 4.5 and earlier we also had a huge documentation.

Also we should perhaps wait and see what the installer for EAP will look like before we create yet another installer

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn