Bug 957689 - Unable to complete tasks when server is shutdown

Simeon Pinder spinder at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 14:01:37 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

This is certainly true for the advanced administration user that already gets
which options are wanted/needed and now wants the ui to get out of the way to automate
the workflow N times on N different machines.  However for the new user to RHQ, and even
to existing developers, the flow is less intuitive that it was with previous releases.
To be clear I'm not talking about doing away with the command line approach, but about
putting a wizard/ui in front of it which is the popular/familiar way to solve user startup
issues.  Right now we're inventing new workflows that affect users of all levels and
making RHQ even harder to try out.