Bug 957689 - Unable to complete tasks when server is shutdown

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Jun 26 12:38:06 UTC 2013

Wait. what?? The server has to be restarted after the installation for the server to work?

I agree with Larry, we need to rethink this.

We do not want the user to have to monitor the server and restart it after install, in fact, we shouldn't have to take down the server entirely and restarted at all after installation.

The installer DOES "reload" the server after the install, but before the EAR is deployed. But IIRC reloading after the EAR is deployed causes errors so even that is probably not going to be an answer.

I haven't been following this closely, sorry :} but if the answer is to ask the user to restart the server after an install just to get a functional server, that should be last-ditch solution and we should first try hard to figure out how NOT to have to do this. It actually would suck if we required that.

This isn't in master yet is it? :)