configuring storage installation with rhqctl

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Tue Jun 18 02:29:30 UTC 2013

If you want to use non-default values for any of the storage installer options, you need to create a properties file and specify the --storage-config option with the install command. I have always found this to be a bit awkward particularly if I just want to override one option like the heap or hostname. Instead of having the user specify an arbitrary properties file, we could provide <rhq-server-basedir>/bin/rhq-storage.properties with all of the options commented out. If you want to use a non-default value for one of the storage installer options, simply uncomment and edit the corresponding property. I don't think we need the --storage-config option any more.

Thoughts?