Cassandra branch merging into master in the next couple of hours (dbsetup thread)

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 12:21:36 UTC 2013

There's been a silent assumption that rhq.rootDir is a parent of
rhq.containerDir.

As I've been told, the rhq-data is intentionally pushed outside of the
container dir (using the rhq.rootDir, hence the assumption above) so that you
keep your data across multiple dev builds.

So, if you're like me and you like your builds outside of your source tree,
just exchange your -Drhq.containerDir for -Drhq.rootDir when you build.

Your env will then look like:
<rhq.rootDir>
+ dev-container
  + rhq-agent