Metrics Migration Tool - Cassandra

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 18:33:49 UTC 2013

Stefan, has any thought been given to (optionally) migrating the bulk of
the data *after* the upgrade?   I'm not sure if this make sense,
really.  But the idea being that the customer upgrades RHQ and starts
running with the new backend.  At this point no data is being written to
the legacy tables so they are quiet.  All new metric data will move to
the new Cassandra backend.  Then, with RHQ running we migrate the legacy
data into the new backend.  So, for some period we lack historical data,
but it would hopefully not be a very large delay.  It's possible maybe
that until the migration is complete we suspend aggregation.  Just a
thought.