High Availability feature testing results

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 16:46:44 UTC 2013

Hi,
  thanks for looking into it and good job with setting things up with Vagrant&Puppet!

*affinity group screen does not show server members (but they are
actually saved)

This was fixed in master two days ago by commit 08a80f2aa, so it should be working now.

*affinity group agent membership pop-up does not show all available agents

This may be a possible bug. Are all the agents listed in the agent list? (#Administration/Topology/Agents) If not, this may be caused by the fact the agent's configuration has the localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the "agent bind address" (rhq.agent.server.bind-address in user prefs).

I'm not sure if it's really a bug (maybe it was the previous behavior)

It is not right behavior, all the agents should be listed there.

* partition events screen does not show NORMAL->DOWN events for RHQ servers
Again, maybe it was the previous behavior

It looks like it is the previous behavior, but it doesn't mean it is the right behavior. I agree it looks strange when there are many DOWN --> NORMAL events and no NORMAL->DOWN events. I guess it is because when stopping the server no event is invoked. Perhaps we could create this event when stops running by calling TopologyManagerBean.updateServerMode() or better ServerManagerBean.establishCurrentServerMode() in some AS shutwdown hook or to register an MBean and implement StartupServiceMBean.stopService(). I am not sure here if is it worth the effort.

JK