High Availability feature testing results

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 15:24:13 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have finished to test the new high availability screens (GWT).

I did not find any HA regression, only a few (minor) issues in the GUI:
*affinity group screen does not show server members (but they are
actually saved)
*affinity group agent membership pop-up does not show all available agents
I'm not sure if it's really a bug (maybe it was the previous behavior)
* partition events screen does not show NORMAL->DOWN events for RHQ servers
Again, maybe it was the previous behavior

Regarding the testing method I used Vagrant[1] and a small set of
(dirty) Puppet manifests to create the virtual machines on my computer:
* 1 node with Postgres database
* 2 nodes with RHQ server
* 4 nodes with RHQ agent
I made an RHQ build with dist and dev profiles activated and installed
the servers from the distribution zip and the agents from the
http://[host]:[port]/agentupdate/download URL (following this wiki page
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/RHQ/Installing+RHQ+on+JBossAS+7)

Regards
Thomas