AS is killed if the agent is killed (provided it was started/restarted by the agent)

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 15:32:27 UTC 2013

> There are other ways this could happen. For example, platform level
> monitoring systems may decide to restart this agent by sending it the
> SIGINT signal. From the sounds of it, this too would cause the issue
> whether the agent is in the foreground or background?

If this happens when you run the agent using the recommended mechanism (rhq-agent-wrapper.sh) then I agree this is a problem. If this is true, we need to know this and fix it.

So, if someone starts the agent via rhq-agent-wrapper.sh, that agent starts an AS7, the user then stops that agent, does the AS7 die? If so, that's a problem.