Agent / Server Communications Options

Van Dillon vandillon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 12:44:19 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

At the end of last month I posted a question to this list.  Perhaps the
post was missed because I didn't receive an answer.  If, on the other hand,
I am posting to the wrong list, please accept my apologies and I will post
the question on the rhq-users list instead.

Here is the body of the post:

I'm new to RHQ and am interested in using it in several different ways.
 Some of the ways I want to use it require the agent to be on platforms
that do not have a public IP address.  I read the Design Documentation wiki
entries: "Design-Agent-to-Server Unidirectional Communications" and
"Design-Agent-Server Communications 3", both of
which indicate that you guys have put some serious thought into adding this
ability to RHQ.

Is this feature being added to the roadmap anytime soon?  If not, is there
a way to hook our own handlers into the agent and server communications
layers?
<<

I'm interested in getting involved in the development of this feature if
it's still being considered.

Thanks,

Van Dillon