About Github migration

Charles Crouch ccrouch at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 16:32:41 UTC 2012

So does this allow someone to do plugin development just by checking out https://github.com/pilhuhn/rhq-plugins ?
That should be a goal right?

If these two repo's can be developed separately, then do we need to consider changes to our versioning schemes? i.e. decouple the versions of the plugins from the version of the plugin container, plugin api etc which comes from https://github.com/pilhuhn/rhq ?

I presume this wouldn't impact older (i.e. before the split) branches/tags that got brought across to https://github.com/pilhuhn/rhq say, you would still be able to do a regular maven build and build everything on those older branches/tags?

Thanks
Charles