About Github migration

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 09:36:00 UTC 2012

Am 04.10.2012 um 04:39 schrieb John Sanda:

> has to occur is around the plugin repo(s). I am of the opinion that we should additional plugin repos. There are plugins that are included in JON and that are officially supported by Red Hat. Then there are plugins that might have a reasonable amount of activity but are not included in JON. Lastly, there are plugins that have little to know activity, and there are more than enough of these. For plugins in this last group, I would prefer never to have to build them again.

I would split the plugins rather in a way that those that are building are in a plugin-repo and that others like my OneWire plugin would
be moved to e.g. the samples repo. If such a plugin comes alive again, it can still be moved back in the main repo.
And then we have some profiles that determine which plugins are built, so that you really only build what you need (I make the
error myself often enough to have all plugins built and installed and am then disabling the augeas ones on my Mac).

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn