anyone working with cassandra?

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 18:39:17 UTC 2012

One of the recent efforts by the core RHQ development has been to investigate alternative persistence/storage solutions for metric and event data. We have decided to focus our efforts around Cassandra. I would love to get feedback from anyone in the community on any of the following,

* Are you or have you used Cassandra? If so, was it in conjunction with RHQ?

* Have you used RHQ to manage Cassandra? If so, would you be willing to contribute anything with the community?

* Would you be willing to provide feedback on using RHQ to manage Cassandra when that functionality is made available?

Some relevant background information can be found on the RHQ wiki at,

* https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/RHQ/Next+Generation+Metrics+Storage
* https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/RHQ/Databases

Thanks

- John