Out of band signaling from agent/plugin to server / user

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri May 11 15:08:02 UTC 2012

> I would get rid of IMMEDIATE, and just interpret a null value for
> PropertyDefinition.activationPolicy as "the change will go into
> effect immediately".

Just to be clear, I think we should still allow for "immediate" as a valid explicit value for that attribute in the XML, even if you elect to use null under the covers. Usually when you see attributes in XML, they always give you all the available values, even the default ones. For example, for booleans, you rarely, if ever, see only "true" or only "false" as valid. If the default is "true", the XML still allows the attribute to be explicitly set to "true". Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the underlying data value and not the XML attribute value.