Out of band signaling from agent/plugin to server / user

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri May 11 14:11:08 UTC 2012

Am 11.05.2012 um 15:33 schrieb John Mazzitelli:

> <property name="foo" attribute="restart" ... />
>
> and that means if that property is changed, it requires a restart for the change to take effect.

First this would be a tremendous effort to add this to every property or resource in the already
huge plugin descriptor and then (could be partially automated) and then we may miss some
in the future.

And then, the idea is that a user can change several properties etc. and they come active
as a whole after a restart/reload (slightly different semantics), so we would not want to automatically
do that for the user.
The user may in fact even plan a config change for midnight. She enters all the new values and
then plans a reload operation for midnight to be executed.

  Heiko