Managed AS 7 as children of HostController?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 09:42:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

currently I've set up managed AS7 instances to be servers below the platform, in parallel to the host controllers,
as they are technically speaking separate OS processes.

This has the drawback that the admin needs to manually import them every time he adds a new managed AS
through the UI.
Also another point is that the management connection to them actually runs through the host controller, but
it seems like in the component classes I can not access the plugin config and other properties of the host controller
in order to to use them (this only showed up as an issue now that AS requires security).

So I want to move the managed AS instances below HostController as child resources.

Objections?

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn