Proposed REST-API change -- PLEASE READ

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 12:56:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

the current REST api lives below http://localhost:7080/rest/1

I would like to move that to http://localhost:7080/rest/
and then offer a common starting point at http://localhost:7080/rest/
for json, html, xml content types.

My original though about the /1 was
a) to expose this as the 1st version of the api - meanwhile I think this is wrong and versioning should be done
via content negotiation
b) to separate out the static content from the resteasy content.

I know that existing code relies on the /1 part, but changing that should be fairly trivial in most
cases.

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn