Troubles with building rhq from source

Krzysztof Kwaƛniewski krzykwas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 10:47:30 UTC 2012

Hi!

     When trying to build RHQ from source, I have run into a couple of
troubles. I would like to ask for your help in resolving them. I'm
running Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64 upgraded from Ubuntu 11.04, I have OpenJDK
here as the Oracle's version has been recently removed from the
distribution due to the licensing incompatibilities.

mvn -v:
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (rdebian-6)
Java version: 1.7.0_147-icedtea
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre
Default locale: pl_PL, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "linux" version: "3.0.0-17-generic" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

     The first issue was with:
[wsprovide] Caused by:
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 1 counts of
IllegalAnnotationExceptions
[wsprovide] java.lang.StackTraceElement does not have a no-arg default
constructor.
[wsprovide]     this problem is related to the following location:
[wsprovide]         at java.lang.StackTraceElement
[wsprovide]         at public java.lang.StackTraceElement[]
java.lang.Throwable.getStackTrace()
[wsprovide]         at java.lang.Throwable
[wsprovide]         at private java.lang.Throwable[]
org.rhq.enterprise.server.webservices.jaxws.ExceptionBean.suppressed
[wsprovide]         at
org.rhq.enterprise.server.webservices.jaxws.ExceptionBean

Full stack trace: http://pastebin.com/ZWNkx9u7

     Heiko advised me to comment out
<profile>
<id>enterprise</id>

<activation>
<property>
<name>enterprise</name>
</property>
</activation>

<modules>
<module>webservices</module>
</modules>
</profile>

from modules/enterprise/remoting/pom.xml and this error was resolved.
     The error I have encountered most recently is here:
http://pastebin.com/AGie2Bzx. Shortly: Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Signature errors found.
Verify them and put @IgnoreJRERequirement on them.
     I have updated all the sources to the newest version using git
pull, is it right? So far I haven't used git extensively.
     Do you have any clue what might be wrong here?

                             Best regards

                                 Krzysiek