[GSOC-2012] Implement a Forge plugin to create RHQ plugins - idea

Shameera Rathnayaka shameerainfo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 13:59:06 UTC 2012

Hi Heiko,

I went through the resources that you have provided and got a better
understand of what are the requirements of this project. As well I played
with existing rhq plugin generator . As I need to develop a plugin for
forge i went through Forge documentation and identified how it works and
the flow, #forge IRC channel helped me lot in this case. According to the
forge documentation[3] I developed a new sample plugin to familiar with the
process.

As you mentioned the best way to be familiar with code base is, try to fix
few bugs, So as a result i could able to provide patches for two issues[1]
[2]of forge. Fixing the FORGE=275[2] issue, helped me to understand how to
write a new plugin and deal with javaResources which is a main feature in
this project.

I am looking forward to submit a good proposal for this project. Apart from
what you have said in previous replies is there any think which will help
me to write a good proposal?

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-85
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-275
[3] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/FORGE/Developing+a+Plugin