REST is coming to RHQ

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 06:48:10 UTC 2011

David

Am 29.09.2011 um 15:15 schrieb David A. Webster:

> We already employ REST using Jersey extensively to interface with JON.  We write a lot of very customized dashboards that use our REST services to make JON API calls by proxy to execute operations and gather or consolidate environment information.  This is a good direction

that is cool.
Could you elaborate a little more what you are doing (and thus would expect in the RHQ api)?

> to pursue and may provide a more flexible approach to extending certain aspects about JON without having to constantly modify the core code.

Yes, this is one idea, meaning that we provide a well working basic set of features and provide the REST interface for individual
customization, sort of turning RHQ into a data hub.

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn