REST is coming to RHQ

David A. Webster DAWEBSTER at UP.COM
Thu Sep 29 13:15:11 UTC 2011

We already employ REST using Jersey extensively to interface with JON.  We
write a lot of very customized dashboards that use our REST services to
make JON API calls by proxy to execute operations and gather or
consolidate environment information.  This is a good direction to pursue
and may provide a more flexible approach to extending certain aspects
about JON without having to constantly modify the core code.

David Webster
Union Pacific Railroad
Lead Architect-Web Infrastructure
Systems Engineering
Phone: (402) 544-1094 | Email: dawebster at up.com

From:   "Heiko W.Rupp" <hrupp at redhat.com>
To:     rhq-devel at lists.fedorahosted.org, rhq-users at lists.fedorahosted.org
Date:   09/29/2011 07:04 AM
Subject:        REST is coming to RHQ
Sent by:        rhq-devel-bounces at lists.fedorahosted.org

Hey,

I've written a new blog post about REST coming to RHQ, which illustrates
the current state
and the possibilities this will give in the future:
http://javablogs.com/Jump.action?id=672973

This is not at all a ready-made package, but a start to enhance. So please
help us making
this great, so that you can build great stuff on top of it:

                 • Provide us with your requirements e.g. on the Design -
REST page of the RHQ-Wiki
                 • Contribute to the code
                 • Show us your examples you have built on top of the API
(and perhaps even contribute them)

Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**