REST Api (was Re: Custom UI? )

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 15:22:03 UTC 2011

Am 20.06.2011 um 17:12 schrieb John Mazzitelli:

> Make sure those DTOs do not leak into our core domain model, stays

What exactly do you mean with "leak" here?

> completely isolated within the rest webapp, and core RHQ developers
> don't have to worry about them.

One could of course put them into their own module that depends
on core/domain, so that domain objects can never call into the "REST DTOs".

> If RE is prohibiting us from doing that, we either a) need to get
> something else other than RE or b) we need to do the same amount of deep

Well, the question on how far to traverse the domain tree when serializing
the data into json or xml has nothing to directly do with RE.

> thinking and designing to get it to support a non-DTO solution like we
> did for GWT.

And this is exactly why I am writing this here - to have more eyes and brains to
brainstorm and trigger this "deep thinking".

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn