Bundle deploy question

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 16:15:29 UTC 2011

The existing servers on the group will also be redeployed the bundle.

Today, the bundle subsystem does not attempt to determine heuristically
whether or not you really want to deploy a bundle on the box or not. So
if you add a platform to a group, and then you redeploy a bundle to that
destination, it will go out to ALL bundles in the group no matter what.

What you are asking for is a good RFE. We could add a new feature to the
deploy wizard to have, say, a checkbox that says "if checked, only
deploy this version of the bundle if the resource where the bundle is
going to be deployed doesn't already have that version deployed - if it
does, then just skip that resource deployment"