postgres jar checked in to git

Ian Springer ian.springer at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 16:53:17 UTC 2011

I just noticed this in a recent checkin:

.../test/resources/postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar    |  Bin 539705 ->
539705 bytes

It's preferable to avoid checking jars and other binaries into git when
possible.

In this case, an alternative would be to add the jar as a test-scoped
dependency, and then use the maven dependency plugin to copy the jar
into the target/test-classes/ dir. The poms of most of our Agent plugins
contain examples of using the dependency plugin to copy jars.