issue w/ installer on Oracle

Ian Springer ian.springer at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 15:22:18 UTC 2011

While doing a silent upgrade install w/ an Oracle db, I saw the
following in the server log:

2011-06-30 16:45:05,383 INFO
[org.rhq.enterprise.installer.ConfigurationBean] Oracle does not need to
have server-name,
  port and db-name individually set, skipping

I then looked at my rhq-server.properties file and noticed some new
lines had been appended to it, presumably by the installer:

rhq.server.database.db-name=
rhq.server.database.server-name=
rhq.server.database.password=jon
rhq.server.database.port=

This doesn't seem right, because I already have all four of these props
defined in rhq-server.properties:

<snip>
rhq.server.database.password = -17408cdce5dc39fc
rhq.server.database.server-name = foo.redhat.com
rhq.server.database.port = 1521
rhq.server.database.db-name = JON
<snip>

I'm guessing the appending of the db-name, server-name, and port props
are related to the log message above. I have no idea why the password
prop was appended.

My upgrade happened to fail, so I attempted to run the installer a
second time but got the following error in the server log, presumably
caused by the "rhq.server.database.password=jon" line which was appended
to the properties file:

2011-06-30 17:34:55,274 FATAL
[org.rhq.enterprise.installer.ConfigurationBean] Could not decrypt the
password for some reason - auto-installation failed
java.lang.Exception: Decoding db password failed:
     at
org.rhq.enterprise.installer.ConfigurationBean.decodePassword(ConfigurationBean.java:803)
     at
org.rhq.enterprise.installer.ConfigurationBean.save(ConfigurationBean.java:549)
     at
org.rhq.enterprise.installer.AutoInstallServlet.init(AutoInstallServlet.java:49)
<snip>
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "jon"
     at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
     at java.math.BigInteger.<init>(BigInteger.java:316)
     at
org.jboss.resource.security.SecureIdentityLoginModule.decode(SecureIdentityLoginModule.java:168)
<snip>

I've hit this several times now. Mazz, would you mind creating a BZ for
it and getting a fix in if it's an easy one?