[jboss-as7-dev] Admin console

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 12:42:26 UTC 2011

Am 03.01.2011 um 21:30 schrieb Brian Stansberry:
> 2) The domain API is meant to expose metrics and management operations,
> and for it to be complete, most things exposed in AS 6 over JMX by
> subsystems like HQ really should be available via the domain API -- even
> if one client, the console plugin, doesn't use the domain API to access
> them. So I want to avoid us thinking that re-using existing plugins will
> avoid the need to expose stuff via the domain API.

Well. As you may have seen in the standalone container demo (need to
record a video) this data would be available for use by the domain as well.

What I want to prevent is:
- projects have to write two plugins for AS7 and for standalone/jmx
- extension of the basic AS7 plugin when the end-user adds a new subsystem to AS7 (like e.g. ISPN or
ActiveMQ or Drools or ... ) -- is this actually something the domain management system of AS7 supports?

I've updated the page with an alternative approach

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243