Unit testing, uniutil and TestNG version

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 13:57:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

currently the build is "mostly" at TestNG version 5.13.1.
But I see TestNG v 5.8 being pulled in (and this is making the performance tests fail).

mvn -X shows

[DEBUG]     org.unitils:unitils-testng:jar:3.1:test (selected for test)
[DEBUG]       org.testng:testng:jar:jdk15:5.8:test (selected for test)

and indeed unitils-testng has a hard dependency on 5.8 in its pom:

       <dependency>
            <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
            <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
            <version>5.8</version>
            <classifier>jdk15</classifier>

Unfortunately there is no new version of unitils available since Nov 2009.

So in enterprise/server/jar/pom.xml I've included the pull-in of testng via modules/test-utils,
which pulls the unitils and old testng version.

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243