DiscoveryComponent only called once

Till Essers essers at viada.de
Mon Aug 22 11:23:25 UTC 2011

So the discoverResources() Method is called every now an then?
Does it cascade? There is a hierachy of data that is displayed and only
the last hierarchy level may recently change the resources to be
displayed. So if the discoverResources() method is called on the first
level, does it cascade through all levels?

with kind regards
Till Essers

On 17.08.2011 17:31, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> this might help:
>
> http://rhq-project.org/display/JOPR2/FAQ#FAQ-Explainhowtheagentscansforresources
>
> Do manually scan, see the agent prompt command "discovery" (from agent
> prompt, do a "help discovery"). You can manually call that from the
> agent prompt or through the GUI of your agent resource via the "Execute
> Prompt Command" operation (and just pass in the discovery command you
> want, just as if you were on the command line).
>
> Or you can execute from the GUI the platform's operation "Manual Discovery".
>
> On 08/17/2011 10:59 AM, Till Essers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wrote a JON plugin that basically is a DiscoveryComponent and a
>> Component. The DiscoveryComponent extends the MBeanResourceComponent and
>> asks the MBean for the Components it should display.
>> Everything is working pretty fine except the fact that after the initial
>> discovery no new discovery is done.
>> So if there is something new the plugin should show, you can see it in
>> the JMX console but not in JON.
>> How can someone manually or programmatic make a new discovery of components?
>>
>> With kind regards,
>> Till Essers

Till Essers
Softwareentwickler

Viada GmbH&  Co. KG
Rheinlanddamm 201
D-44139 Dortmund
Phone:  +49.231.28668.113
Mobile: +49.174.89567981
Fax:    +49.231.28668.123
eMail:  essers at viada.de
Web:    www.viada.de

Viada-Quicknotes: www.viada.de/newsletter

Geschäftsführung: Michael Hadrys, Daniel Braunsdorf
Amtsgericht Dortmund, Registernummer HRA 16088