DiscoveryComponent only called once

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 15:31:01 UTC 2011

this might help:

http://rhq-project.org/display/JOPR2/FAQ#FAQ-Explainhowtheagentscansforresources

Do manually scan, see the agent prompt command "discovery" (from agent
prompt, do a "help discovery"). You can manually call that from the
agent prompt or through the GUI of your agent resource via the "Execute
Prompt Command" operation (and just pass in the discovery command you
want, just as if you were on the command line).

Or you can execute from the GUI the platform's operation "Manual Discovery".