[drift] working directly in master

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 02:02:39 UTC 2011

If there are no objections, I would like to start doing drift work
directly in master. While there is still a lot of work ahead of us,
things are stable enough that it should not cause major disruptions in
master. I feel like we've reached a point where working in a separate
branch has become a bit of a chore. Because things are more stable and
because I want to make things available for testing, I have been merging
back to master more frequently, and that is taking up more and more
time. Working directly in master means QE will be able to test things
sooner, one less hudson job to maintain, and QE automation will be
running against drift code more frequently. If we start to work on
things that may introduce instability then I propose we branch as necessary.

- John