RHQ GUI: how to deal with user clicking to navigate to view X and then clicking to navigate to view Y before X has finished loading

Ian Springer ian.springer at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 16:31:48 UTC 2011

This is a good idea and I think worth prototyping. We'd have to make
sure that, when our RPC framework dropped responses, that the
onFailure() methods would not get called on the async callback;
otherwise an error message would still get displayed in the message bar.

I understand how inbound RPC responses could be dropped if the uuids
didn't match, but regarding the below line, how would it know to drop an
outbound RPC request? Are you thinking that views would store the
current request uuid in a member variable at the time they are
constructed and then compare that with the current request uuid prior to
each RPC invocation?